[Mailman-Users] Message IDs & Security

Jon Loose jjloose at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 24 00:23:08 CEST 2006

I have just set up a new mailman list, which is working well.  Thanks to the developers for this software.  Very useful indeed.

On looking at the downloadable archives, the message ids are very long indeed (over 100 characters).  I took a look at the same file for this list, and the ids seem shorter.  Is there any way to get shorter message ids?  (This is just a cosmetic issue as regards reading the archives, but important for users.)

Also, as regards security, I would appreciate recommendations of the simplest way to set up a postfix/mailman system with https on apache2.  I've seen the FAQ and am still struggling to get my head around it.

Finally, what is the overall security level of mailman, given that passwords are sent out in monthly reminders to the individuals concerned?  If the answer is "not very secure", are there plans to change this?

Thanks in advance for any help - always much appreciated.

Jon