[Mailman-Users] Client wants unique archiving method

Andrew Jones andrew at fireboxstudios.com
Wed Aug 23 22:29:15 CEST 2006

On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Dragon wrote:

> They are on crack. And you really don't want to get into this can
> of worms. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but it is not
> something that would be easy nor reliable. See below for the full
> explanation.

Thanks for the quick and (very) detailed response.

Again, I cannot understand why they'd want it to work that way. And
if it's true that it worked that way on their old host, someone
must've made those customizations for them.

As is typical with many clients, they think their users are
borderline retarded. To have a full archive, but only email people
original posts defeats the purpose of having a discussion list, in my
opinion.

I told them if they wanted this functionality, they should just
install a forum :)

Thanks again,

AJ