[Mailman-Users] problem with default domain

Kim Leandersson kim.leandersson at chs.chalmers.se
Mon Aug 14 11:54:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

We have a server where we host about 70 domains which are administrated
via Plesk (http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/). One of the most
popular applications used by the customer is mailman. Plesk uses virtual
domains, so every customer gets its own mailman installation and can
create lists.

My problem is that when the server was being installed someone
misspelled the hostname so it was entered as plisk.example.com instead
of plesk.example.com. This error are now corrected, but somewhere in the
mailman installation the plisk entry exists. The problem with this is
that all the monthly password reminders are sent out from
mailman-bounces at plisk.example.com and since many mailserver checks if
the domain exist before delivery the deny the mail.

I guess that when mailman was first configured on the server it took the
hostname as its default domain from which these administrative mail are
being sent out. My problem is that I can't find where plisk is entered
so I can change it. I've searched for plisk through the files without
any luck so I hope anyone has any hints on where to look.

//kim