[Mailman-Users] Enable moderated list to always accept some emails?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Sun Aug 13 04:15:11 CEST 2006

At 8/11/2006 08:57 PM, Brad Knowles wrote:
>At 5:57 PM -0500 2006-08-11, Matt England wrote:
>
>>  I want to enable a moderated list (that moderates emails from non
>>  subscribers) to always accept email that comes with a certain header
>>  attached (in this case, a header appended by http://mail2forum.com/
>>  software) even if the sender's address is not subscribed to the email list.
>>
>>  Does GNUMailman some means to do this?
>
>You could have the mail2forum software add an appropriate "Approved:"
>header to the message, and that would go through.

Any docs on this "Approved:" header stuff?  I see this email:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2005-October/047126.html

But it seems a little fuzzy on some details, eg, what does "If it finds
such a line, it checks for the list password" mean?  One has to put the
list password in the Approved header??  I'm confused.

>Alternatively, you could configure the mail2forum software to always use
>the same e-mail address when posting to the list, and that e-mail address
>would be on the "whitelist" and allowed to post.

Can't do that but thanks for the suggestion (it was our first idea, too);
web posters (from mail2forum) get IDed from their forum email address in
the From: header.

-Matt