[Mailman-Users] Archives and bad timestamps

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sat Aug 12 04:47:07 CEST 2006

I've just noticed that one of the lists I'm moderating shows messages
from next Monday in the private archive. The last message is timestamped
for 8:08 (Pacific, +0700) on 14 Aug, but was actually distributed by
Mailman at 08:51 on 11 Aug.

Unfortunately, the archive seems to be ordered by timestamp rather than
the time the message hit the server, which leads to some odd sequences
of messages. It also makes me really wonder about messages that have
timestamps that are not in the current month and where they will be
archived. Will they show up in the archive for the month they were
timestamped, when that month is archived?

There doesn't seem to be an option for archive sequence in the admin
pages, is there an option at the shell level to use the transit time
instead of the original timestamp? Should there be?

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For photography, web design, hosting, and maintenance,
visit Van's home page: http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/