[Mailman-Users] Running Mailman software

Martin Dennett (Gmail) md6969 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 23:49:08 CEST 2006

Hi

After having had 2 hosts for my mailing list in the last 3 months and
now being told that my list is "too big" for the host we currently use
(2000 members, approx ½ of whom don't actually receive any mail, just
choosing to read on the web, and half of those left being on digest), I
am seriously considering hosting the list myself. What I would like to
know, from those that have done it and are currently doing it, are the
positives and negatives of such a situation. If I choose to forge ahead
with this (and with other such alternatives as Yahoo & Googlegroups,
it's a definite possibility), I'd need *real* dummy instructions on how
to go about this.

Comments please.

Rgds

Martin Dennett