[Mailman-Users] Deleting several entire archives

Jason LaMar jrlamar at owu.edu
Tue Aug 8 15:24:18 CEST 2006

I've read the "How can I remove a post from the list archive / remove an
entire archive?" entry in the FAQ, but I was wondering if there were any
shortcuts to make the process less tedious -- especially with a dozen or so
list archives that I want to just wipe out and start from scratch
(rebuilding their public Web archives so that they're blank).

Is it possible to do a cp /dev/null against the mbox raw archive files? Or
am I just making this more difficult than it needs to be, and there are a
couple of quick steps to accommodate mass archive wiping?

Also, nobody is actually checking any of these archives right now (or using
any of the lists, for that matter), so is it necessary to turn off archiving
and switch archives from public to private to enable this? Or are those just
"courtesy" tasks for mailing users?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason LaMar
Director of Information Services
Ohio Wesleyan University | Delaware, OH 43015
AIM/Yahoo IM: jasonrlamar | MSN/Google Talk: jasonrlamar at gmail.com
Tel: 740-368-3131 | Fax: 740-368-3272 | Web: http://www.owu.edu/