[Mailman-Users] Extending Mailman - Contant Parser / Substituter

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Aug 3 17:32:07 CEST 2006

Shane Harsch wrote:

>I want to write a script that looks for a particularly formatted string
>in the body of a message, process it, and then replace that string with
>the appropriate output. Is there a standard method for doing this, and
>if so where?

The closest thing to a standard method would I think be a custom
handler. See
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.067.htp>.

As far as the actual manipulation, you'd need to use the message
methods get_payload() and set_payload(). See
<http://docs.python.org/lib/module-email.html>.