[Mailman-Users] message body is blank for some users

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Aug 2 02:22:40 CEST 2006

Heal Secretary wrote:

>The direct message from my user, Jonathan, is copied below. Can
>anyone see why Jonathan's mailings would be sent to the list with a blank body?
<snip>
>From: "Jonathan" <Jonathan's email address>
>To: secretary at healheadingley.org.uk
>Bcc:
>Subject: Re: Blank replies
>Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 20:35:58 +0000
<snip>

The message is a single HTML part.

What are the Content Filtering settings for your list?

I am guessing that you accept text/html and that
convert_html_to_plaintext is Yes. If this is the case, I further
suspect that there is some problem with html to plaintext conversion
in your Mailman installation.

If this is the case, since this is a hosted cPanel installation, you
don't have access to the things you need to diagnose this further.

You could try turning off convert_html_to_plaintext if it is on and
then I think the body would go through, but as HTML, not plain text.