[Mailman-Users] Confirmation messages

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Apr 24 22:44:51 CEST 2006

Jim Swift wrote:

>Whenever, as admin, I change an subscriber's email address, a confirmation
>message is sent to the new email address and the change is not activated
>until the subscriber confirms.
>
>Is there any way to turn off the sending of this confirmation message. Such
>messages are not sent out when I initially entered the email addresses in
>mass subscribe.

There are work arounds, but there's no simple way for an admin to
change a members address without confirmation.

The work arounds are:

If you have command line access to the Mailman installation, you can
use bin/withlist and call the
Mailman.MailList.ApprovedChangeMemberAddress() method directly or
create a withlist script to do it.

As a list admin without command line access, you have to go to the
member's options page and note all the settings, then use mass remove
to remove the old address and mass subscribe to add the new one and
then go to the new options page and restore the old settings.