[Mailman-Users] You don't have permission to access /pipermail/ on this server.

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Apr 23 17:53:54 CEST 2006

mailman-2.1.7
apache 2.2.0
FreeBSD-4.11

Thanks again for all your help.

I never found anything in the intsallation manual as the check_perms message
suggests.

but what I did do was remove all other permissions and put the ownership of
the private directory to www to solve the problem.  check_perms works well now.

# ls -l
total 6
drwxrws---  103 www      mailman  2560 Apr 21 21:49 private
drwxrwsr-x    2 mailman  mailman  1536 Apr 21 21:49 public

Maybe somebody with the mailman documents team could update their documents
and/or make this type of information easier to find.

cheers,

Noah