[Mailman-Users] You don't have permission to access/pipermail/on this server.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Apr 22 04:37:43 CEST 2006

Noah wrote:

>now I changed this:
>
>lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  mailman  54 Apr 21 19:00
>/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/list ->
>/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/list

And do you still have the same error in the apache error_log?

If so, this would seem to be an Apache configuration issue rather than
a Mailman issue. I don't know what the problem might be, but you might
get more help from an Apache support resource.

I note that <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#options>
says

FollowSymLinks
    The server will follow symbolic links in this directory.

    Note also, that this option gets ignored if set inside a <Location>
section.

Could that be the problem?