[Mailman-Users] config_list

Carconni carconni at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 21:53:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

Were migrating from dmail to mailman.

I have a couple of quick questions - if I copy my /private/var/mailman directory to another location will I be able to use it to restore my listserv with it if something goes wrong with it?

I have over 300 lists and I need to modify 'generic_nonmember_action': 1, to 'generic_nonmember_action': 0,.  I understand that config_list should be able to do that.  Will it change all the lists automatically?  What if I wanted to change only a group of lists?  Can I put 'generic_nonmember_action': 0, in a file and lets call that file (fix4), do I run ./config_list -i fix4?  What is the exact syntax. I've looked at mailman commands and I've also run ./config_list -h and there just isn't enough information there.

Does config_list act on the *.pck files in /private/var/mailman/lists/listname directory?

Also can I set "List of non-member addresses whose postings should be automatically accepted. " under Privacy to *.emailaddress.com to accept all address from one client?

Thanks for any help you can provide with this.