[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Apr 10 18:08:30 CEST 2006

At 8:57 AM -0700 2006-04-10, Allan Hansen wrote:

>  Instead of looking up subscribers by address, use their names.

	You can also use the Mailman search function, which will work
with partial names and e-mail addresses, either by user part or
domain part.  If the comment field in their subscription is filled
in, that should be searchable too.

	If I were subscribed to your lists, you could search for me by my
first name (or part thereof), my last name (or part thereof), or any
part of the domain name of the dozen or more different domains that I
might use in subscribing to your lists.

	In other words, all the necessary features are already there in
the search box.  You just have to use them.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755