[Mailman-Users] You don't have permission to access /mailman/listinfo/ on this server

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sun Apr 9 17:56:07 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

Okay I just upgraded to the latest apache 2.2.0 and using the same
configuration files as I had for apache1.3 but I am finding there are
permission errors when going to my mailman listinfo directories.

any clues what I need to check here?

---- actual error message ----

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mailman/listinfo/ on this server.
Apache/2.2.0 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8a DAV/2 PHP/4.4.2 Server at
checkit.domain.com Port 80

---- snip ---

Mailman tells me the permissions are fine.

---- snip ---

hostname# pwd
/usr/local/mailman/bin
hostname# ./check_perms
No problems found

ExecCGI is in the permissions for the mailman /cgi-bin

--- snip ---

<Directory /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/>
    Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
</Directory>