[Mailman-Users] all posted messages discarded by incomingrunner

Jesse Sanford jesse at seedboxconnect.com
Sun Apr 9 05:19:35 CEST 2006

Okay, I figured it out myself.

Just in case anyone else ever runs into this problem:
On my system, spamassassin processes messages
before they hit Mailman and marks them [SPAM] in
the subject line.  Some enterprising but novice users
of mine had figured that if they entered [SPAM] into
header_filter_rules, they could block those messages
automatically. Obviously this did not have the intended
effect. =)

Since I can't teach everyone regular expressions,
I figure I'll set header_filter_rules=\[SPAM\]
myself and then block the display of that whole
configuration option.  I know I've seen the instructions
for that around here somewhere .....

jesse