[Mailman-Users] send lots of mail to one server?

Kim Leandersson kim.leandersson at chs.chalmers.se
Tue Apr 4 22:29:52 CEST 2006

Hello,

I will soon send an anounce to around 8500 people and my first thougt
was to put all those in a mailman list, mail this list and then mailman
will divide this into nice little chunks so that the mail is being sent
to a reasonable amount of people at the same time. How well will this
work if 99% of the people are located at the same server? How big chunks
and how fast will mailman deliver to my MTA (postfix)? Are there any
good options to tune to get the mail to be sent out slow so that the
receiving mail server don't treat me as a spammer (which I'm not :)

//kim