[Mailman-Users] Detailed reports of members

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Apr 4 05:30:14 CEST 2006

BG Mahesh wrote:

>On 4/3/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>>
>> BG Mahesh wrote:
>>
>> >It would be nice
>> >to see something like
>> >
>> >Normal: xx
>> >Held: yy
>>
>> Does this mean delivery disabled?
>

>Yes
>
>>Unsubscribed: zz
>>
>> How do I identify an unsubscribed member? Isn't that an oxymoron?
>

>In Lyris unless you delete the member  the unsusbscribed info also is in
>the  database.
>
>>Waiting for confirmation: aa
>>
>> What is this? A pending subscription?
>

>Yes, pending subscription.
>
>Can the list owner get a weekly report by email of the activity [how many
>signed  on/off etc]?

It would be possible to modify the bin/list_members script to produce a
report similar to the above showing the numbers of list members in
different categories and the number of pending subscriptions although
this last information would be obtained differently from the
membership categories. The modified script could email results to the
list-owner address for example and could be run periodically via cron.
I'm not aware of any existing script for this.

List activity of various types would have to be gleaned from Mailman's
log files. Brad Knowles has developed a Mailman Daily Status Report
script, the latest version of which is in Mailman 2.1.8b1 in the
contrib directory along with a readme or in CVS at
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/contrib/>. This
is a Bourne shell script that could serve as an exampl of other kinds
of log analysis that can be done.