[Mailman-Users] Lost list admin password

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sun Sep 25 19:17:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 09:42:49AM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> >Any reason why admins are not managed along with all the other list
> >members?  And just have an additional role for "admin"?
>

> In addition to the fact that the admin passwords are stored in a more
> secure way because the consequences of compromise are more serious,
> there is no requirement that the list admin(s) be a list member.

They could be set as "nomail", of course.  Plus, is there any way
currently to know *which* admin or moderator approved or changed some
config setting?  That would be one reason to use the same system for
managing normal users, admins, and moderators.

I forgot my CPAN PAUSE password the other day -- it doesn't send you
your password (I assume it doesn't know the plain text password), but
rather it sends a brand new password that has to be confirmed before
it can be used.  A little more complex, but that's what ya get for
forgetting your password.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org