[Mailman-Users] Monthly password reminders not working

Darren G Pifer dpifer at odu.edu
Thu Sep 22 19:19:15 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 11:28, Darren G Pifer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 14:01, John Dennis wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 13:44 -0400, Darren G Pifer wrote:
> > >
> > > Anything else?
> > Python print statements are pretty easy, in its simplest form:
> >
> > print "value1=%s value2=%s" % (value1, value2)
> >
> > each %s is replaced by the matching value inside the parens, just make
> > sure the indentation of the print statement lines up.
>
> Thanks for the 'print' statement because I do not know python, but
> it will be on my list to learn it.
>
> I added this to my version of mailpasswds at line 237:
>
>     print "msg=%s" % (msg)
>     msg.send(sitelist, **{'errorsto': sitebounce,
>                           '_nolist' : 1,
>                           'verp'    : mm_cfg.VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS,
>                          })

Just to let everyone know, for grins and giggles, I changed the msg.send
line to:

msg.send(mlist)

and it sent the password reminder. Now I must find out why the original
code did not work. Can someone who knows python tell me what the second
argument to msg.send is doing? Also, were there changes in the code
from 2.1.6b4 (our current version) to 2.1.6 for mailpasswds? We will be
upgrading soon but I wonder if we should do it sooner rather than later.

Darren