[Mailman-Users] Problem with mailman

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Thu Sep 22 19:00:44 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 18:39 +0200, julien grosjean wrote:
> By example, i create a list nammed "test"
> We can suscribe to the list, but the problem is than when we sent an
> email to the list email, such as test at mydomain.com,
> just this email receive the mail...
> Only test at mydomain.com receive the mail from the sender...
> Is there a configuration to make ?
>
> Our email server is not on the same server...

If your mailserver is not local have you configured your SMTPHOST in
mm_cfg?

> i found nothing in logs...

Which logs?

Did you look at /var/log/mailman/smtp to see if the message was sent? If
so does /var/log/mailman/bounce show the mail bounced?
Does /var/log/mailman/error show anything?

Does your test list have members? Are you looking in the inbox of the
test list members to see if it was received? Are you aware that there is
a flag to prevent a sender from receiving their own post, if you send
the mail from the same address you're expecting to see it returned in
from the list, you won't.

Have you looked in /var/log/maillog for SMTP messages?

Have you reloaded your aliases?

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>