[Mailman-Users] questions on posting an e-mail

Soo-Hyun Choi shchoi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:41:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've just installed the mailman in my Ubuntu system and set up a
mailing list. I've gone through all the necessary steps stated in the
Mailman Documentation including Apache installation.

I have tested 'mylist' with a dummy (but working) e-mail address
whether it really works or not. I've got a confirmation message and
I've got a welcoming message thereafter. But!

If I try to post a message on that list, it doesn't appear at all. I
have disable digest option expecting to get the message right away,
but it didn't work.

The question here is:
Is it possible that the mailman machine is sitting in a University's
Computer Science Department such that the mailman machine is
deliberately blocked by any incoming e-mail?

Thank you.