[Mailman-Users] hide lists from listinfo page only (leave on admin page)

Xiaoyan Ma xma at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Sep 20 02:44:03 CEST 2005

We have migrated all mailing lists from Majordomo to Mailman (mailman-2.1.5-25.rhel3n on redhat
3.0 AS).  We would like to hide those lists that are closed for subscription from the listinfo
page for 2 reasons: to keep the page short and to avoid subscription attempts. We would like to
keep them on the admin page for the list owners. Setting "advertised = 1" will hide the list from
both listinfo page and admin page.

We would like to set this up at the list level so we don’t have to modify the global
configurations during upgrades.  I have tried to modify “web_page_url =  listinfo/%(list_name)s”
to something like  “web_page_url =   listinfo/%( )s” to blank out the listinfo url but could not
get the syntax right.

Am I on the right track?  What are the other options?

Thanks.

Xiaoyan