[Mailman-Users] Blocking every "reply" messages

Sythos sythos at sythos.net
Mon Sep 19 10:59:20 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 01:41:23AM +0100, Fabio Alves wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a mailing list with about 85000 e-mail addresses.
> We've sent one e-mail using mailman, but some hours later, we started to
> receive tons of "RE:" messages, that should go to the reply-to e-mail. But
> seems that some users dont do it.
> Is there any way to block every reply messages? I only want to allow some
> replies to be sent to mailing list.
> Is that possible?

force reply-to overwrite, set it to "noreply at yourdomain.tld" and create
manually an alias to "noreply ==> /dev/null"
For "pnly-reply-button" users it work, if a user write by hand "to"
field in reply it pass to mailinglist...

Optionally, set "moderated" the list, and set default action to "drop"

--

Sythos - http://www.sythos.net
  ()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against html/rtf/vCard in mail