[Mailman-Users] How to make attached jpg show in message body

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 16 19:30:55 CEST 2005

Bill Morse wrote:

>Is there any way to make an image show in the body of a message to the list.
>When I attach an image in entourage, the image displays in the body of the
>message. When I attach an image to a list message, it only is listed in the
>attachments area.

I think you are saying that if for example you send a post to a list
with a Bcc: to yourself and then you view the received post and the
Bcc: with the same MUA (e-mail client), the Bcc: shows the image
inline and the received post does not.

If this is correct, then Mailman has changed the MIME structure of the
message in some way. Possibly this has to do with the addition of list
headers and/or footers. See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp