[Mailman-Users] config.pck, apache, permissions and Errno 13

Sam Gamgee samwise-gamgee at web.de
Wed Sep 14 16:08:14 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 08:15, Sythos wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:11:22AM +0200, Sam Gamgee wrote:
> > -I installed mailman on a debian server with postfix.
> >
> >From debian mailman package or from source?

I'm sorry I was mistaken earlier. It's a ubuntu server and not debian.
I installed the mailman package first. Here however I received:

<QUOTE>
Command output: Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper
script to be executed as group "daemon", but the system's mail server
executed the mail script as group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to
run the script as group "daemon", or re-run configure,  providing the command
line option `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.
</QUOTe>

I then installed from source with the "--with-mail-gid=mailman" option.
Thats the situation I'm in now -> I can mail, but I can't use the web
interface properly.

aron