[Mailman-Users] Mailing List Config

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Sep 13 00:36:07 CEST 2005

In a flurry of recycled electrons, Sujay Thomas wrote:

> 1. Subscribers send mail to the mailing list address.
> 2. Everyone in the mailing list gets this message.
> 3. Any replies made to the messages get sent to everyone as well.
>
> Right now it doesn't do this and I can't seem to figure out how to set it up
> that way. It can be done, right?

If I understand correctly, you want a reply to a list message to go to
everyone on the list, not just the originator of the message. If so,
set the list as "reply to list" not "reply to poster".

OTOH, many people consider that a Bad Thing. Virtually all email
programs have a "reply-all" function, and that should be used if
you want to the entire list to see your reply. (flames on this to
nla0:)

z!