[Mailman-Users] Maildir Problem - Part 1

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Sep 11 18:22:58 CEST 2005

At 12:12 PM -0400 2005-09-11, Greg Burnett / Ascend Network wrote:

>  I am trying to set up my mailman get my messages from my maildir using
>  qrunner
>  and the USE_MAILDIR option. I have getmail that successfully imports my
>  mail
>  from my pop account to the maildir but that is where it stops. Here are
>  is
>  the configuration:

	Mailman doesn't use Maildir for message input.  It only uses it
for message storage, as an alternative to 7th edition mbox format.

	This may not have been obvious from the documentation, and we
should work to correct that.

	You'll need to have "getmail" feed the incoming messages directly
to Mailman, or feed them to the local MTA (postfix, sendmail,
whatever), which is then configured to feed them to Mailman.

	How you do this is going to be specific to "getmail" and is not
something we can help you with.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755