[Mailman-Users] finding the options and so on

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu
Thu Sep 8 02:57:22 CEST 2005

I've noticed that a fair number of the questions and answers on this list
follow the pattern

	Q: How do I do X?
	A: Look in ....
	Q: Aha! Thanks, I didn't know it was there.

And as an owner of a number of lists, though not a sysadmin, I've fairly
often had the experience of "Now, where the heck was that feature the last
time I used it? ... Not there... it's not there either... OK, let's go
through the option pages one by one. ... ... ... Oh, THERE you are, you
little devil!"

One way to solve this problem would be an index. Another would be a wiki.

What do other listmembers think?

-- Mark A. Mandel
   Linguistic Data Consortium, University of Pennsylvania