[Mailman-Users] [Mailman-Users off list] New mailman user

Andrew Steele andrew at cnet.org
Wed Sep 7 09:19:47 CEST 2005

On 6 Sep 2005 at 18:49, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> I think if you just remove the setgid bit from the wrappers in cgi-bin,
> your web interface will work again. This will not solve the original
> problem which I think is a Mailman/Exim integration issue.

Hi Mark,

I really appreciate your continued advice to a mailman novice.

I ran  chmod =rwx,g-s * in the mailman/cgi-bin directory then
chmod 775 * but this made no difference to the web interface - still
generating the error so presumably the suexec is still relevant.

Interestingly if I run, for example, the admin wrapper from the shell
all the HTML is displayed on the shell screen.

Most frustrating!

Andrew