[Mailman-Users] Index page for mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Sep 2 22:09:35 CEST 2005

Martin Hugo wrote:

>As a new user to Linux and Mailman (using ver 2.1.5 w Apache 1.3.3 and
>Debian Sarge w Exim4) I was pleased to be able to get it up and running
>without too much list searching and head scratching.
>
>I have a couple of questions though:  I would like to have a redirect page
>send people to mydomain.com/mailman/listinfo if they inadvertently arrive
>at mydomain.com/mailman/ but I can't figure out where to put that page on
>the server (right now you get a forbidden error).

The preferred way to do this is to add the following in the apache
config

>Second question: If I
>want to change the look and feel to match my site, can I edit the html
>files in /var/lib/mailman/templates/en so that all list pages look the
>same (mainly school logos and table widths), or will that "break"
>something elsewhere.

You can edit the templates as you wish. That's what they're for, but
don't overwrite the base templates with the edited ones. See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp
for where to put edited templates so they are used per list, per
domain or sitewide.