[Mailman-Users] Headers _within_ digests

Dan Phillips dhphllps at memphis.edu
Thu Sep 1 16:37:21 CEST 2005

On Sep 1, 2005, at 9:23 AM, David Gordon wrote:
> I'd like to clean up the digests my lists send. I wonder how to do
> remove
> the "Message-ID:" and  "Content-Type:" from the digest messages I
> send?

 From Defaults.py:

======
# Headers which should be kept in both RFC 1153 (plain) and MIME
digests.  RFC
# 1153 also specifies these headers in this exact order, so order
matters.
MIME_DIGEST_KEEP_HEADERS = [
     'Date', 'From', 'To', 'Cc', 'Subject', 'Message-ID', 'Keywords',
     # I believe we should also keep these headers though.
     'In-Reply-To', 'References', 'Content-Type', 'MIME-Version',
     'Content-Transfer-Encoding', 'Precedence', 'Reply-To',
     # Mailman 2.0 adds these headers
     'Message',
     ]

PLAIN_DIGEST_KEEP_HEADERS = [
     'Message', 'Date', 'From',
     'Subject', 'To', 'Cc',
     'Message-ID', 'Keywords',
     'Content-Type',
     ]
========

Edit these as desired and place in mm_cfg.py.

Dan