[Mailman-Users] Problem with Mailman archives

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Oct 31 16:05:22 CET 2005

Pedro Quaresma wrote:

>I use the Mailman program to run 5 mailing lists, great program to do
>it, but now (after an upgrade I think) the archives are no longer
>functioning:
>
>  Not Found
>
>  The requested URL /pipermail/listacac/ was not found on this server.
>

>Must I create the pipermail account?

This is normally handled in Apache with something like

Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/

in the appropriate place in httpd.conf. Also, the web server must
follow symlinks in the /var/mailman/archives/public/ directory. (The
actual path may be different in your case.)

See http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node10.html.