[Mailman-Users] mailman post mailman". Command output: Group mismatch error

antoine at starinux.org antoine at starinux.org
Sat Oct 29 18:45:56 CEST 2005

> > <mailman at rezoperso.net>: Command died with status 2:
> >     "/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman". Command output: Group
> >     mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as
> >     group "daemon", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
> >     group "users".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
> >     "daemon", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
> >     `--with-mail-gid=users'.
> > Use the FAQ, Antoine.  :-)
> 	group mismatch
> Which finds 2 FAQ entries that explain this issue in greater detail.

you are right ... :-)  and I will go on the FAQ

> I think you should try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
> group "daemon".
> Or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
>`--with-mail-gid=users'.

it's because I tried with "# chown root:daemon wrapper"
=> does not work , same error message above

But a good new for me, I succeed :
/etc/postfix/main.cf => I changed :
alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases

and now works fine !
(it came from "postfix")

Thanks JC !

antoine