[Mailman-Users] Bouncing admins

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Oct 29 03:23:14 CEST 2005

Jared Rimer wrote:

>I don't have my copy any more,  but this has been the problem since
>we've moved.  Shall I re-enable the option to send notifications and
>when I get another one send it to the list?

You can do that.

If you're willing to experiment, answers to the following questions
would be interesting and helpful.

What does the full 'bounce action notice' look like, complete with all
headers and attached parts?

How often does this occur?

Is the subscription really disabled (I think you said no)?

What happens if bounce processing is turned off for the list?

If you have access to Mailman's bounce log, what's there associated
with this address?

I guess it is possible that there is some wierd alias loop causing
this, but I can't think how. I only say that because the member's user
name is apparently the same as the list name although the domains are
different.