[Mailman-Users] Setting up an archive list

Horse horse at darkstar.uk.net
Sat Oct 29 02:08:07 CEST 2005

Hi All

This is my first post to the list but I've been lurking for a while.
I'm running Mailman 2.1.5 on a debian sarge box with exim 4, apache 1.3
etc. at home. I also have an account with a hosting company which
provides mailman 2.1.5 lists and a fairly standard mailman control
interface.
My home setup runs fine and so far I've had no problems with the couple
of test lists set up on the host.
What I want to do is to set up a list with the host and forward emails
received there to a list on my home system purely to provide a backup
archive. For test purposes I'm only using my home setup at the moment.

I've created a main list (main at domain) and an archive list
(archive at domain) and added archive at domain to main at domain member list.

archive at domain has no members but in the privacy options /senderfilters
I've added main at domain to the "List of non-member addresses whose
postings should be automatically accepted" section.

So far so good.

I post to main at domain and the post goes out to all members including
archive at domain but there it gets held for approval by the list admin
(i.e. me). The reason given is:

"Blind carbon copies or other implicit destinations are not allowed. Try
reposting your message by explicitly including the list address in the
To: or Cc: fields."

I can pass it through to the list manually but would prefer it to go
through automatically as I intend to do this several lists.
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can do this. I have access to the
python source on my machine so I can modify if need be.

Apologies if the detail above is a bit excessive.

Cheers

Horse