[Mailman-Users] Help

Mark.A.Lombardo mark.a.lombardo at olney-scout-group.org.uk
Fri Oct 28 21:00:24 CEST 2005

I must be coming across as really thick and stupid. If I have set the tag to
reply to poster, and I hit reply, then there is no way of mailman knowing
which email address that came from

So in simple terms, if I put up a subject on the mailing list and I don't
want people to reply, it is better to put the email address in the bcc
field.

How do I set that the reply only comes to the person that posted the mail,
and not the list, I thought setting the reply to poster it would only send
the mal to the person who posted, and not the rest of the list. Is this not
correct?

If this is not correct, then I am confused, because that is the way it
reads.

If I set reply is sent to an explicit email address (ie mine), then if
someone replies to an email I have sent to the list, it will send the reply
to me.

So what happens if someone wants to reply to the whole list, and not just
me, and I have the explicit email address set.

It must seems as though I am totally thick.

Mark