[Mailman-Users] Is mailman really this clever?

Steve Burling srb at umich.edu
Sun Oct 23 23:41:51 CEST 2005

Does mailman, as it's sending out list mail, check to see whether someone
it's about to send a copy to is also mentioned in the cc: field, and then
not send it to avoid duplicates?  I run a small mailman installation on a
home server, and just received only one copy of a message that was sent
both to a list I'm on and cc'd to me.  Looking through the MTA's logs, I
see the message going out to each of the recipients except me.

If this is really the way it works, that's cool...

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:srb at umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779