[Mailman-Users] old files in the shunt queue directory

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Fri Oct 21 19:09:48 CEST 2005

Courtesy of this list I latched onto the Mailman daily status report
script.  Consequently I'm now aware of something I wasn't before...

I have 85 files in the shunt queue directory, most dated from 2 thru 4
May and a pair dated 25 Aug.  They are all data files, so I can't simply
'more' thru them for content.  The few I checked with 'strings' (and the
old dates) lead me to believe they can all be trashed.

~~~~~~~~~
QUESTION:
Is it safe to simply delete files from ../mailman/qfiles/shunt?
~~~~~~~~~

I have tried to find out for myself about what shunt is and what I can
do with the directory, but there isn't much info available.  All I could
find was to run ../bin/unshunt to handle the files.  But I don't want
them handled, I want them gone.

Help!
--
Steve Lindemann