[Mailman-Users] Any tips

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 20 18:35:33 CEST 2005

Jeanne Goodman wrote:

>I manage about 9 different lists on one hosted server. There are two main
>lists that include nearly everyone and then subcommittees each have their
>own list. I've given them all the same password, but it's a drag to have to
>go into each of them and enter the password every time I want to moderate
>messages. Any suggestions to make this simpler?

If this were your own server, you could read the comments regarding
ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES in Defaults.py and decide whether you want to
do this which would allow authorizing once per session for all lists
with the site password. On a hosted server you probably don't have the
ability to edit mm_cfg.py and you probably don't have access to the
site password, so this is not an option.

Depending on your browser, you may be able to get it to remember the
password and enter/submit it for you.