[Mailman-Users] How do I get an eMail list from the Membership List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 20 08:00:46 CEST 2005

Gene Dermody wrote:

>Cut & paste won't work for large lists because of the alphabetizing.
>I want a simple CSV eMail list of my data.

The preferred way to get a membership list is bin/list_members, but
this won't do if you don't have command line access. There is an
e-mail 'who' command (mail subject help to list-request for details)
and http://www.example.com/mailman/roster/list, but both these do not
show members who've opted to hide themselves from these lists.

If you don't have command line access and the 'who' and 'roster' lists
are incomplete, you have to script the web interface. See
http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb for a
sample script.