[Mailman-Users] Microsoft Outlooks munges attachment headers?

Andrew Hedges ahedges at familyvoices.org
Wed Oct 19 20:02:38 CEST 2005

Thanks again for the help yesterday getting my Mailman installation working!
We're now in the testing phase ... woo hoo!

New question: earlier today, I sent a messsage to my test list from Apple's
Mail.app with an image attached.  It shows up in the archives as a linked
file, as I would have expected:

   http://lists.familyvoices.org/pipermail/fv-test/2005-October/000009.html

Later, I sent a message to the same list from Microsoft Outlook with an
attachment and it displays in the archives inline ... not the desired
behavior!

   http://lists.familyvoices.org/pipermail/fv-test/2005-October/000019.html

Unfortunately, my whole organization uses Outlook.  Is this an unavoidable
side effect of some Microsoft-specific header munging or can I adjust my
list settings (easier than changing Outlook settings for 20 people spread
around the U.S.) so attachments display as links?

I looked through the archives, but didn't see this addressed specifically
(though I could have easily missed it!).  Thanks in advance for any help!

-Andrew
-----
Andrew Hedges
Technology Coordinator