[Mailman-Users] Problems with bounces and qmail+mailman+vpopmail

David Cuenca mmlist at infobrok.es
Wed Oct 19 12:27:27 CEST 2005

Every day, in my server mailman registers new bounces and stablishes new
scores. But there are bounces that never arrives to mailman, because
some times, at some point, the addresses become wrong. Then, qmail sends
me (postmaster) a message notifying that a bounce could not been sent.

Some times in this failure notice I can read that the original bounce
was sent to:

mylist-bounces-client=clientdomain at lists.mydomain.com

but afterwards qmail-send says:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at servername.mydomain.com.
I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

<mylist-bounces-client=clientdomail at servername.mydomain.com>:

Not to lists.mydomain.com!!! And of course, mailman never receive this
bounce!

Another times the original bounce is sent to

mylist-bounces-client=clientdomain at servername.mydomain.com  WRONG!!

I have followed these instructions:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp
And I have:

.qmail-default with:

	|preline /usr/bin/python /usr/local/mailman/bin/qmail-to-mailman.py

.qmail-mylist-bounces-default with:

	|preline /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman bounces myslist

That works fine with some bounces.

The other problem I posted last October 10, 2005, related with this one,
is still not solved :_(
I wish you could help me. Thanks a lot!