[Mailman-Users] Structure of Mailman archives

Diana Kirk owner at writestop.com
Tue Oct 18 06:21:39 CEST 2005

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate them all.

On Monday 17 October 2005 06:46 pm, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The only problem is insuring the integrity of the mbox file. There
> is a bin/cleanarch script that attempts to insure that messages in
> the mbox file do not themselves contain "^From " lines. This is not
> perfect, but it can help.

My problem is that I will have to actually go through and check quite
a bit of this no matter how I go about it. At least now I know what
Mailman will look for in order to build the archives. So I can check
for those things as I assemble and clean the mbox up.

My other alternative was to create a special web site and upload all
the digests. However, it wouldn't be nearly as pretty when the dust
settled, while being as much or possibly more work to do.

I'm not keen on the fact that the Mailman archives don't have some
sort of search mechanism included, but I saw the suggestion in
another post or possibly in the FAQ about getting Google to do it.
That just might work.

Thanks again for your help,
Diana
--