[Mailman-Users] Fw: can't get replies back from list mailing...

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 12 16:54:27 CEST 2005

Dr. Scott S. Jones wrote:

>My MTA, exim4, does seem to get the mail out, but can't get it back in to
>the right place. Obviously, I run Mutt and it works fine, in both
>directions, just not in feeding the email to the various MM lists on my
>system.

I'm still not clear on one point. I understand that when an outside
user mails to (e.g.) test59 at fyrenice.com, the mail is rejected by
Exim. What I am not clear on is what happens when you, using Mutt on
the local host, send mail to test59 at fyrenice.com? Does that mail get
piped to Mailman and delivered to the list, or do you get your mail to
Mailman in another way, and if so, how?

In any case, this is still an Exim configuration problem. If you are
mailing to a list (e.g. test59 at fyrenice.com) and it works, then there
is some difference in the way Exim is treating mail originating
locally, vs. mail originating outside. If you post in another way,
then Exim just isn't set up properly for your mailman configuration.

See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.019.htp
for pointers to Exim configuration information.

(Your other questions were addressed in Jim's reply in this thread.)