[Mailman-Users] Is it possible only allow plain text intomessages?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 12 05:14:16 CEST 2005

Sasa Stupar wrote:

>--On 11. oktober 2005 17:48 +0200 Hans Glomme <Glomme at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> At first I want excuse my badly English.
>> Well does somenone know if it will be possible that it is only allowed
>> for  users to send mails to a list in plain text? Means that it is not
>> possible to send into an other format then text/plain?
>

>Yes. Login to admin page for the list and click on Content Filtering.

This is correct as far as it goes, but it is generally tricky because
the settings are not necessarily intuitive.

For example, simply putting text/plain in pass_mime_types would not
pass the message from Sasa to which I'm replying because that message
as sent to the mailman-users list was of type multipart/signed with
subparts of type text/plain and application/pgp-signature, and if
multipart or multipart/signed is not in pass_mime_types, the entire
message will be filtered.

See
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-November/041009.html
for some further information.