[Mailman-Users] Illegal list name: mailman at farsight-gentoo

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Oct 4 20:00:00 CEST 2005

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>$ cat mm_cfg.py
>#-------------------------------------------------------------
># Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'farsight-gentoo'
>#-------------------------------------------------------------
># Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'farsight-gentoo'
<snip>

As I said in my original reply (did you see it?), "one possibility is
that Mailman requires fully qualified domain names - local names are
not acceptable."

I.e, you must have something like

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'farsight-gentoo.example.com'

DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'farsight-gentoo.example.com'

instead of the above.