[Mailman-Users] How to alias /lists/mylist to /lists/mailman/listinfo/mylist?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 22:56:11 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 11:44 -0500, Matt England wrote:
> How can I change/add to the RedirectMatch alias structures in my httpd.conf
> file excerpt below such that  a "/lists/mylist" URL path gets redirected to
> "/lists/mailman/listinfo/mylist" while still supporting the "/lists"
> redirect to "/lists/mailman/listinfo"?

I believe you will need to perform a URL rewrite which special cases the
component "mailman" when following the "lists" component. This type of
functionality is available in the mod_rewrite module.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html

Practical examples here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/misc/rewriteguide.html

Be aware that mod_rewrite is not an easy module to master, at a minimum
you will need a solid understanding of regular expressions.

I think what you need to do is craft a rule which first attempts to
match /lists/mailman and if that matches terminate the rule processing
outputting the matched URL, else continue to process and rewrite the URL
to the per list URL.

BTW, rewrite != redirect
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>