[Mailman-Users] Illegal list name: mailman at farsight-gentoo

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Oct 3 22:41:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

	Seems like this topic comes often in the newgroup, but since I could
not find an answer to my particular problem, I figure out I could -also-
send a request about this problem.

	So I am trying to install mailman, I read and followed instructions from:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install.pdf

	since I have a running postfix installation (gentoo box), I just modify
the few main.cf options needed, basically:
owner_request_special = no
and
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases,
   hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases

	I did generate the aliases using genalias (under root), and then chmod
to mailman:

$ ls -al /usr/local/mailman/data
-rw-rw----   1 mailman mailman   357 Oct  3 16:22 aliases
-rw-r-----   1 mailman mailman 49152 Oct  3 16:22 aliases.db

	And finally here is the /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py I am
using. It is attached to this email.

Does anyone knows what is going on ? Is there a way to make mailman more
verbose on why this mailing list is 'illegal'.

Thanks a bunch,
Mathieu
Ps:
$ telnet farsight-gentoo 25