[Mailman-Users] Setting the whole list parameters to another one.

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Nov 29 05:15:00 CET 2005

Dave Bevis1 wrote:

>Is there a way to use config_list but have it leave certain values
>unchanged i.e. subject prefix or explicit reply to header or moderator
>etc.?

Yes. Just leave those things out of the input file. The input file only
needs to mention those attributes you want to change.

>Can you apply the configuration to multiple lists in one command -
>./config_list -i newconfig list1, list2, list3...?

No. You have to create a shell script or similar to invoke config_list
on each list, one at a time.

>And lastly, I am running this on a Mac OS X 10.3.9 server and have two
>files in my /bin directory - one is ./config_list and the other is
>./apple_config_list. They seem to do the same thing. Is there a
>difference? Do you need to use the ./apple... on OS X?

I don't know the answer to that one. Maybe there's another OS X server
Mailman user on this list that does.